Face creams

Another collection of everyday things, old and new. The 'draw a grouping' and 'draw something you are grateful for' challenges continue to interest me. Packaging, and how it changes over time, is also fascinating so I combined all that into this drawing. I'm grateful for having a nice choice of creams now as compared to the seventies when I was growing up.

The glass pot on the left at the back used to be my favourite cream but that design is now a thing of the past so I wanted to capture it before I finally throw out the empty pot!

The drawing is quite small and I thought I'd make the lettering quite fuzzy but as I progressed it seemed to need defining. Together with all the eclipses, this was actually more difficult than I anticipated! I should have been brave, started larger and made things easier for myself!

HB, B and 4B pencil.

Comments

Anita Davies said…
Lovely work, I can imagine how difficult this one was.
Don't you just hate change! I used to own a Lancome lipstick that I adored but they stopped making that too...Grrrr!
caseytoussaint said…
Felicity, your drawings always produce the same combination of admiration and awe in me! This is another beautiful one!
MD said…
It amazes me how you can turn something so banal into something so beautiful. This is a beautiful drawing. Love the idea too.
Face creams are vital to my daily routine....which gives you some indication of my physical deterioration!!! LOL
MD
x

Popular Posts